Hildegard (1098-1179) was born in Bingen, Germany on the banks of the Rhine River. St. Hildegard wrote about the healing powers of precious gemstones she had collected from all over the known world. "Precious stones are born from fire and water....They contain many powers and are effective for many needs. Many things can be done with them--but only good, honest actions, which are beneficial to human beings."
Now, Hildegard's Healing Stones© have been crafted into unique bracelets, which can also be used as prayer beads or gratitude stones. See the links to purchase below. The following information about the stones was condensed from her science textbook Physica; for details on how to use her healing stones, consult her original text.
The gems are in order, starting with the silver-tone Tree of Life dangling charm.
1. Emerald: the embodiment of her concept of viriditas, a word she coined by combining two Latin words green and truth. She believed viriditas embodied God’s power to renew and refresh through nature—the greening of the human spirit. Recommended healing: heart & stomach ailments, epilepsy, headaches, and congestion.
2. Onyx (black agate) Recommended healing: failing eyesight, stomach pains, fever and depression.
3. Beryl (aquamarine form) Recommended healing: poison antidote, restore tranquility and peace toward others.
4. Sardonyx (red & white banded agate) Recommended healing: provides strength to the five senses; removes wrath, stupidity and poor judgment; tempers lust. If you have been cured of a deadly disease, wear a sardonyx ring so as not to fall ill again.
5. Chrysolite (peridot) Recommended healing: heart disease, fever & sweats, strengthens knowledge in someone who always carries it with him/her.
6. Jasper (picture jasper, red zebra jasper, matte picture jasper, red jasper, yellow jasper) Recommended healing: deafness, severe congestion, gout, bad dreams.
7. Prasine (malachite) Recommended healing: burning fevers, bruising.
8. Chalcedony (blue lace agate) Recommended healing: blocks infirmities from entering the body. Provides wisdom, a calm spirit, and wise speech.
9. Chrysoprase (variety of chalcedony, sometimes called Australian jade) Recommended healing: gout, weakness & fatigue, epilepsy, anger management.
10. Carbuncle (probably a garnet) Recommended healing: rids a person of invasive illness and promotes healing and strength, headaches.
11. Amethyst Recommended healing: skin problems, reduces and rids the body of tumors.
12. Agate (white) Recommended healing: spider or any other vermin bites, mental illness. If you carry it with you, it provides good judgment and prudent speech.
13. Magnesium stone (hematite) Recommended healing: a person tortured by phantasms or evil spirits, lack of understanding.
14. Ligure (lapis lazuli) Recommended healing: stomach problems, difficulty in urination.
15. Crystal (clear quartz) Recommended healing: poor vision, sore throat, stomach or abdominal pain.
16. Carnelian Recommended healing: nosebleeds.
Note: The gemstone names in bold are Hildegard’s own. Some of her terms are archaic; gems such as carbuncle and ligure are replaced with modern gemologists’ best guess. Some of her healing gems are not included for practical reasons, including the diamond and sapphire, which would make it unaffordable. This healing bracelet represents Hildegard’s healing beliefs, and her cures and claims are not based on current scientific research. Some people use the bracelet as a prayer rosary, or a way to count blessings or joys. Your bracelet has been prayed over before sending to you. We hope the sheer beauty of the stones grants you comfort and peace.
Care: All the bracelet gemstones are certified genuine. If you wear this bracelet frequently, you may find that the elastic stretches. If so, restring the gems using 7mm Stretch Magic jeweler’s elastic. DO NOT place the bracelet in a jewelry cleaning solution or ultrasonic cleaning machine.
Note: Some books and other products recommended or listed on this website may receive a small commission from the Amazon Associates program. Copyright © 2020 Living Hildegard - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder